Re: administration of initscripts

On 04/15/2013 07:13 PM, Michael Biebl wrote:
Am 15.04.2013 21:35, schrieb Thilo Six:
+ dropping human readable textfiles in favour of c binary code, which makes it
needless more complex to debug the whole show.
That's non-sense. systemd unit files are text-files in ini-like format
and much more readable then shell scripts with all their boiler plate.

I think it was more in reference to the systemd journal, which is not plaintext by any means. It has nice usability to it when things are going well, but I think a lot of pros would sooner run a syslong daemon alongside it so that they can read what happened in a plaintext environment where journalctl may not be able to help.

UNLESS, does anyone know if journalctl works fine inside a LiveCD/DVD/USB/Ferret/Whatever on another systemd setup? Or, maybe as a better way to put it, use a live media's journalctl to use a non-running systemd's journal?

Conrad