Re: how many users is enough?

Le Ven 30 novembre 2012 15:29, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
> On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 14:35 +0100, "Morel Bérenger" wrote:
>
>>> IMO it's possible to work for Google, even if you don't like many
>>> parts of Google's policy.
>> It is possible to work for every people imho, when you need food and
>> home.
>
> I'm jobless, I would work for Google, but never ever for McDonald's, not
> regarding to the kind of work, I'm willing to flip over Hamburgers. I don't
> agree with the policy of Google, but it's ethically tolerable for my
> taste. I can eat a Hamburger from McDonald's, I could work one day for
> McDonalds, but ethically I couldn't eat my whole life at McDonald's
> or work a whole month or longer for this company.

I can use google to do one special search, but most of the time I avoid it
as hell. Do you know what? That's the same for McDonald's.
I use disgusting services when I have no other choices.
To be exact, the last thing I still use from google is their map service.
For the search engine I have find a better a long time ago (duckduckgo
which use google's results, I know).

But if I had no other choice than to work for one of those companies,
well, why not?
In fact, I would probably have less problems working for the second, at
least the food vendor is not trying to spy the whole world (at least in
France). He just sell crap to people wanting crap. I see no problem here.
I still have my good restaurants aside, which cost a little more but can
just not be compared (obvious, they do not make fast food).

> Back to the topic. It's important to get more and more people using
> Linux, not because Windows is a bad operating system. Windows 98se was
> and XP still is a very good operating system. Microsoft simply is an evil
> company. Bill Gates is an evil man.

IIRC, BG is no longer working for MS. Well, he probably still have
actions, of course, but I do not think he have still a very big power.

And the subject was the number of users needed to keep a distro alive ;)