Re: how many users is enough?

> Some people from upstream treat users like idiots. I don't use bug
> trackers, I even don't mention all the current bugs any more. All bugs
> caused by e.g. pulseaudio, systemd, upstart, GNOME dependencies are
> features, no bugs.
Trollday? :P

> OTOH, regarding to applications there are coders who care a lot about
> the users, e.g. Rui Nuno Capela. If you e.g. report a bug to Qtractor
> devel, it usually takes less than an hour and the bug is fixed, you only
> have to compile Qtractor from svn and build the package yourself.

I would like to have a professional job on an open source project, that
should be very instructive and nice for motivation. (In fact, even simply
being able to work on a linux system could make me happier).
But I think that only rare projects have paid developer, and so that bugs
can take time to be solved.
They can also be very complex depending on the software context.

Honestly, I wonder why people use "pulseaudio, systemd, upstart, GNOME" if
they are so bugged?
If people are serious about that, I can only say: ok, so, let's move to
alternatives. You'll see if things are better, and if yes, you can keep
them.

But the serious about the work is not an open-source only problem. Some
people just see their interest, other love their work. I do not know how
to explain that in English, words I know lacks nuances.