Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta4 release

* Worrier Poet <Worrier.Poet@comcast.net> [121126 17:24]:

> To each his own. I like the releases to work reasonably well -- whenever
> they come out. I appreciate that the Debian release teams have continued
> to emphasize quality over release scheduling.

The best solution for the "I must have the very latest, and I must have
it now" crowd is to switch over to Ubuntu.  You can have it right, or
you can have it now, but seldom can you have it "right now".

After the novelty of Ubuntu wears off and it is time to get back to
productivity in the real world, nothing is more satisfying than the
reliable realm of Debian, in which things are done right as a matter
of policy.

For not a few users, a new release is an overhead expense which is
unwelcome, however necessary it may be.  If security updates, etc.,
still were available to protect Etch from exploits, I likely still
would be running Etch.

RH