Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta4 release

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM, green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Russell L. Harris wrote at 2012-11-26 14:19 -0600:
>> The best solution for the "I must have the very latest, and I must have
>> it now" crowd is to switch over to Ubuntu.  You can have it right, or
>> you can have it now, but seldom can you have it "right now".
>>
>> After the novelty of Ubuntu wears off and it is time to get back to
>> productivity in the real world, nothing is more satisfying than the
>> reliable realm of Debian, in which things are done right as a matter
>> of policy.
>
> Agreed!  And if the time ever comes that "the right way" is not the Debian
> way, then Debian is on its way out.

First thing, Russell, is that I agree with so many things you say.
Specially regarding the "reliable realm of Debian".

In any case, I didn't mean:

>> "I must have the very latest, and I must have
>> it now"

It's not helpful how often we get that: "Move to another distro".
Let's welcome more (I assume we do want more users on our base, don't
we? I know, better quality than quantity, but still better quality in
quantity). I don't think its incompatible with the Debian way to say
I'm excited to see a new version, as long as the new version is made
in the Debian way.

Lets do right, not "right now". I'm in no way "demanding" a new
release sooner. If the answer to my question of "estimate" is May, so
be it. Its an estimate, isn't it? Would it hurt Debian if we postpone
Wheezy to April or May? I don't think so. But to September 2014, I
think we might have a problem within the cycle.

I just want to go fast to Wheezy, because Wheezy is a penguin with a
red bow tie.

And, most important than all:
I won't move to (K)ubuntu because I already bought Debian aluminium
adhesive stickers to put on my notebook. So thanks for the suggestion,
but I didn't liked it.
:)

Cheers,
Beco.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

--> . <--

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it
everyone you love, everyone you know..." (Carl Sagan, 1934-1996)