Re: Notifications changed in LXDE under wheezy

I do have Evolution installed, but I've never run it as I regard it as the spawn of the devil! :) I just want to get rid of the file that's recording all the emails and other notifications on the desktop, then I'd die happy! I've just rebooted to test a theory of mine that its related to my desktop settings, so time will tell.

Thanks
Sharon.

On 30 November 2012 10:38, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 08:40 +0000, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Since yesterday mid-morning my notifications have changed back to ones
> similar to Gnome/XFCE being a black box with white text in it, which
> is saved to a notification file in the status bar. Previously my
> notifications from LXDE were light grey blocks with black text which
> weren't apparently logged at the desktop.
>

> Can anybody help me please to regain my LXDE styled notifications?
> I've tried googling but without much success.

I was able to fix an issue for my Xfce, when using Evolution by
following this:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/204390/evolution-the-background-of-messages-is-always-grey

I still get those evil notifications myself, but perhaps it can be
solved in a similar way for Xfce and LXDE as the issue for Evolutions
bad colours can be solved.

Soon or later we all will be forced to use Unity or GNOME3. Current
Evolution 3.6 and current Xfce 4.10 used together does lead to slow
performance, the need to delete ~/cache. every few minutes, spam can't
be filtered etc. pp.. This is for other installs that are more up to
date than Debian is, but I don't expect that Debian will become better
than other distros in the future. Upstream will force us by insane
dependencies to do everything that is decided by Red Hat and GNOME,
alternatively we can choose what Mr. Shuttleworth does enforce. I don't
upgrade old Linux installs any more and for good reasons I take a look
at FreeBSD after using Linux only for around 10 years.

FUD? If people think so, they don't know what's going on.

Have fun!
Ralf