Re: need how to for debian 6 with postfix

sorry, i mistakenly send the last message to your personal account. so
i am sending it again to this list

> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#server_dovecot
> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#server_sasl_enable

> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
> smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
> #only localhost can relay via us without authentication
> mynetworks =
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>         #allow relay for authenticated users:
>         permit_sasl_authenticated
>         #allow relay for IPs in mynetworks
>         permit_mynetworks
>         # deny relay otherwise
>         reject_unauth_destination

i believe that i already followed what you have written above
but additionally  dovecot setting  mentioned below.

smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth

what type of packages do i want.

i could not find package postfix-tls

so what i installed is posfix and dovecot-imap
since i am using dovecot SASL i didnt install other packages except
the 2 above and postfix-tls did not found.

> then reload postfix and try
> telnet localhost 25
> EHLO testme
> after the EHLO command, you should see two lines tarting with 220-AUTH

yes i did that and my ehlo shows this

250-SIZE 10240000
250 DSN

> note 1: comment out the submission service in master.cf and configure
> your mail clients to use port 587 (the standard submission port). this
> way you separate "submitted" mail traffic from the rest.

what do you mean by submission would you please explain a bit. so help
me understand this.

> note 2: the next step for configure TLS and only allow authentication
> for TLS protected sessions:
> smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes

does it requires postfix-tls package as i saw in old howtos. i can not
find this package in debian 6. even i try to find debian repo. maybe i
am doing some mistake. would you guide me on this please.

> see
> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
> you can paste the output of
> postconf -n
> one pastebin or the like and send the URL. (note the '-n' in the
> command: this will show locally modified parameters only).

ok ill do that as soon as i get to office and configure this.