Permissions Problem

Debian 6.0.5(64bit)/KDE4.4.5

I have a HD on my system, sdc1 which has root root ownership. I created a directory, Apps, to which I gave computation computation ownership (user). I can create a file in the Apps directory without any problems as the user.

However, when I try to run an installer

./install_ecce.6.4.rehl5-gcc4.1.2-m64.csh

get a Permission denied message.

i should not that the same installer runs in the users (computation) subdirectory. The installer permission are set for an executable file, and cash has been installed on the system.

I know enough about permissions to know that I'm missing something, but I don't know what it might be.

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.           Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry           Stochastic and multivariate