Re: GRUB location on Dual-Boot with TWO hard drives

Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday 15 October 2012 20:11:06 Wally Lepore wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Dom <toyer@rpdom.net> wrote:
>> > You might need to install the os-prober package first. Grub2 uses that to
>> > identify other OSes on your system.
>>
>> I haven't installed any pkgs. yet. But will consider that if all else
>> fails.
>
> No, Wally.  Not "if all else fails".  As I understand it, you actually need
> this package to do what you want to do.

> I know that Lee thinks that I ought to be ashamed of myself for saying it, but
> I really do think that you need to grip the bull by the horns, and just do
> it.

No, I wouldn't say that in this case, Lisi.  There's a big difference
between installing a package (because it's probably needed or because
you want to try it out) and having to re-install (because mistakes were
made that could have been easily avoided) :)

--
Debian testing iad96 brokenarch