Re: Some KDE apps depend on kdebase-runtime, which is transitional

Hi Max!

I added debian-kde to Cc as there are members of the Debian Qt/KDE packing
team subcribed to, while I am not sure whether any of them are subscribed
to debian-user.

Am Freitag, 30. März 2012 schrieb Max Hyre:
>     Dear Debian:
>
>     I tried to remove the transitional package kdebase-runtime, and
> got a shock when it proposed removing a number of packages, some
> important [1].
>
>     I checked the bugs for a few of them, and no report has been
> filed.  I should do so, but really don't look forward to doing the
> same report thirteen times.  Can I just file them against the kde
> package, or is there some straightforward way to file one report
> against multiple packages, or do I just plan to spend some quality
> time with cut & paste?

I suggest you get in contact with the Debian Qt/KDE team on IRC or their
mailing list. Or on debian-kde mailinglist that I added to Cc.

KDE 4.7.4 SC just transitioned to Wheezy. And AFAIK only in KDE 4.7.4 SC
kde-runtime replaced kdebase-runtime. It might just be that the Qt/KDE
team is aware of the situation and it will take some more time to fix all
those packages.

I have seen scripted mass bug reporting in the past as well.

Anyway, I would first just ask whether the team is aware of the situation
and needs a bug report at all.

In the meanwhile just don´t remove that package ;).

Thanks,