Re: printer Kyocera FSC-5100DN

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:29:40 +0200, Leonard Le-Rey wrote:

> Debian testing (wheezy) has recognized the network printer Kyocera
> FSC-5100DN correctly, I have first taken the driver offered by Debian
> and then the one offered by Kyocera. If I print I standard text document
> created for eg. by Libre Office, it works fine. If I want to print a PDF
> produced by pdfLaTex, it might print one page but if I print a larger
> amount, I get the following printout error message:
>
> ERROR:
> undefined
> OFFENDING COMMAND:
> STACK:
> --nostringval--
> 133

(...)

Mmmm, how about using a different printer driver?

Different drivers give different results as they interpret PostScript
files in their "own" way. That say, you could try with (in order of
preference): Postscript-Kyocera, Generic PS, PCL6. You can add as many
printer instances as drivers you want to test :-)

> and nothing is printed anymore.

What's now the status of the printer? Maybe you have to "enable" it
again, AFAIK, the default printer policy is to put the printer in "stop"
mode after any error.

> Attached a PDF where this problem appears.

Can't see it :-?

> Is there a way to take the Ubuntu PPD file? And if, how I get it to try
> on the Debian system?

Yes, just copy/paste from one computer to the other but this will solve
the problem only if the error resides inside the PPD file and not in the
cups package itself.

P.S. Worth noting that there are some issues with cups in wheezy for a
set of PS printers.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón