Re: Debian and OSS vs vSphere

On 29/02/12 00:18, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
1. It is not part of Debian. (they add 3rd party repo to install it on
Debian, but packages are not in Debian) -- unlike OpenStack and
phpvirtualbox (latter is pending review).

Just to be clear to all, phpvirtualbox is not in Debian. It's not in the NEW queue, so I guessed "pending review" here means it's being reviewed by a developer with a view to sponsoring a new upload. However I did some investigation and unfortunately it's not even that far: it
has been packaged and the maintainer is seeking a debian developer to
review it.

--
Jon Dowland