Re: Debian and OSS vs vSphere

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Davide Mirtillo wrote:

I was also wondering if any of you had opinions regarding Proxmox.

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page

It seems like a solid solution and it also looks it's gonna be something
that works out of the box by just installing it, which is kinda what i
was hoping for - yes, i know, i'm lazy :)

Hi Davide. I was just about to send a reply to your other email suggesting you try Proxmox :)

It offers OpenVZ and KVM so allows you to enjoy using Linux containers or fully virtualised systems.

I've used OpenVZ a lot over the years and trialed Proxmox a while back and was quite impressed.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert@timetraveller.org		Linux counter ID #16440