Re: All flash videos playing far too quickly

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 12:39:53 -0500, brian wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 05:11 PM, brian wrote:
> >On 02/17/2012 02:40 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

 [...]

> >>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=658128
> >>
> >>I cannot follow further as I'm on dialup and do not have debian
> >>installed
> >>HTH
> >>

> The solution linked to above worked as regards reducing the speed of
> the video playback back to normal i.e. blacklisting snd_hda_intel in
> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base-blacklist.conf
>
> Unfortunately the sound no longer works, but that may well be
> another problem.

Do you have another soundcard in addition to the intel onboard one? If
not then it is not too surprising that sound stops working as soon as
you unload the driver of the intel card.

The bug report cited above suggests that the HDMI alsa sink is the root
of the problem. Are you actually using the HDMI output for sound? If you
are connecting external loudspeakers or headphones to the analog output
(standard 3.5 mm plugs), or if you are using the internal speakers of a
laptop, then you might get flash and sound working together by disabling
the HDMI slot when you load the snd_hda_intel module. If you need help
with this then please show me the output of

  cat /proc/asound/cards

(when the snd_hda_intel module is loaded)

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   | http://www.florian-kulzer.eu