Re: All flash videos playing far too quickly

On 02/17/2012 10:51 AM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 07:32, brian<brian@meadows.pair.com>  wrote:
I've just switched my wife and myself to Debian because I got fed up with
reinstall-type upgrades. We're both running Wheezy, all updates applied, my
wife on an AMD Athlon X2, my PC is a Phenom X4. She's using KDE, I'm using
XFCE.

The problem we're both having is that all Flash videos play FAR too quickly
- maybe (guesstimate) by a factor of three or four.

I've tried removing and reinstalling the flashplugin package. I've tried
downloading the latest player from Adobe. I've tried IceWeasel, Chromium and
Epiphany. Nothing helps.

I've tried doing searches, and obviously I'm not the only one to have seen
this problem, but I can't find anything which gives a solution for Debian.

Has anyone managed to solve this?

Never heard of it.

Hi Kelly,

I'll gather together the other information as soon as I can (i.e. later today, hopefully) but if you plug "flash too fast Debian" into a Google search box, you will see plenty of other reports of the problem, dating from 2006 onwards.

For some reason, Mint 9 (our previous distro, based on Ubuntu) didn't show the problem, using exactly the same hardware. There seems little doubt that it's the installation of Debian which has caused us both the problem - either that or it's an unbelievable coincidence.

And yes, this is all 64-bit, and I did try the Flash 11 downloaded direct from Adobe. Neither of us have separate video cards, Pat's mobo claims to emulate an nVidia GeForce 6150 SE, I'll have to dig a little to find mine as my box doesn't carry a sticker giving the details.

Brian.