Re: All flash videos playing far too quickly

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 07:32, brian <brian@meadows.pair.com> wrote:
> I've just switched my wife and myself to Debian because I got fed up with
> reinstall-type upgrades. We're both running Wheezy, all updates applied, my
> wife on an AMD Athlon X2, my PC is a Phenom X4. She's using KDE, I'm using
> XFCE.
>
> The problem we're both having is that all Flash videos play FAR too quickly
> - maybe (guesstimate) by a factor of three or four.
>
> I've tried removing and reinstalling the flashplugin package. I've tried
> downloading the latest player from Adobe. I've tried IceWeasel, Chromium and
> Epiphany. Nothing helps.
>
> I've tried doing searches, and obviously I'm not the only one to have seen
> this problem, but I can't find anything which gives a solution for Debian.
>
> Has anyone managed to solve this?

Never heard of it.

You say you have tried Flash 11 direct from Adobe (single .so)?
That has given me the least trouble of any version.

Check FF/IW about:plugins to verify that that is really the only Flash
it is seeing.

What video cards and drivers do you have?
Is this all 64 bit?

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers