Re: free software mini pc

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:53:36 -0600
green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Your message has
> come closest so far to doing that; thanks.

You're welcome, I wish I could offer more hope, but as users of an
operating system most people have never heard of, we get to suck it and
see.

Whichever way you go, I recommend keeping a recent version of Knoppix
handy. A lot of hardware troubles are due, not to missing or inadequate
software, but to limitations in hardware detection in standard Debian.
Knoppix is rightly famous for its hardware handling, and the Debian
installer developers will never have the time to apply the kind of
effort that Herr Knopper expends on this.

A lot of the time, Knoppix will run a 'difficult' bit of hardware, but
using mainstream modules that the Debian installer has not seen the
need for. It is (mostly) then a matter of tweaking the Debian
installation to match.

Joe