Re: free software mini pc

On 13 February 2012 00:57, green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:

> So the Trim-Slice is not supported by mainline kernels?

As others said, the main issue is the Tegra 2 is a nvidia chip and
CompuLab are reliant on nvidia in order to get things working.

I haven't tried upgrading the kernel since I got the original unit.
Performance was ok with the original but generally it seemed to be
well below what you would expect given the specs of the Tegra 2.

There was an interesting article about the Trim Slice posted a few
days ago, I don't know if you saw it:
http://blog.sesse.net/blog/tech/2012-02-12-21-43_playing_with_the_trim_slice.html

To repeat Christofer's question though, what's the problem with a
non-standard kernel? I get the feeling that these ARM computers that
are coming out are going to be reliant on customised kernels for some
time. If the customisation of the kernel can be managed in a
standardised way, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Alex