Re: Choosing a distribution (was: Just a simple query)

Camaleón wrote:
> For such "big jumps" the official supported method is using the DVD (off-
> line upgrade) but AFAIK, it is the same here in Debian, only "one jump"
> is supported which does not mean that you cannot upgrade from Debian 4 to
> Debian 6, but like openSUSE, that scenario is noy "oficially" supported,
> but still you can do it if you want :-)

In Debian it is very possible to upgrade from 4 to 6.  It is done by
upgrading from 4 to 5 and then from 5 to 6.  You can't skip releases.
But you can upgrade through all of the releases.  It is officially
supported.  I just had to do this to a machine I acquired maintenance
of recently.  It was quite out of date.  The upgrade went fine.

Bob