Re: Choosing a distribution (was: Just a simple query)

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:40:00 -0300, francis picabia wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:55:40 +0530, Linux Tyro wrote:
>>
>>> I am beginner in Linux and do another job. But I use computer very
>>> less. Just a simple doubts regarding the selection. Please suggest me
>>> regarding the following:
>>>
>>> "Debian vs openSUSE for a novice"
>>
>> Well, being this a Debian mailing list, my bet is that most people here
>> will blindly point you to Debian ;-P
>
> Blindly or not blindly...

He, I should have choosen another term :-)

> The problem with most "reviews" is they base it on a fresh install and
> Desktop set up.
>
> Living with a distro is often far different than a fresh install.

(...)

Sure, but when you are a beginner that sort of things are not the most
important ones. You start thinking more deeply in what a distribution can
provide once you have a little more background with linux, which can be
one year or two later...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón