Re: Is there any issue with reportbug in unstabl or bugs.debian.org?

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:12:30 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Wed 12 Oct 2011 at 10:30:53 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:58:27 +0100, Brian wrote:
>>
>> > Quite likely. But it doesn't bolster your case and has absolutely
>> > nothing to do with bugzilla shenanagins.
>>
>> Since when having options is something bad? An http gateway would be a
>> great step forward (you could report bugs from any machine in the event
>> the one you have to report against cannot even be booted) and the above
>> report demonstrates the needing of alternatives to the usual reportbug
>> system.
>
> We should be clear that the referenced bug report proposes being able to
> submit *email* to bugs.debian.org via http. As an alternative transport
> system it may have advantages for some people in some cirumstances, port
> 25 being blocked, for example.

Yes, that's one of the limitations of the current system.

> So that could be regarded as a good option but it does not involve
> anything like web forms, scripts, HTML5 etc. In other words, it would
> be business as usual for the 'reportbug system'.

Yes, but I take it as a starting point. In the future these new additions
could be used to develop an http gateway for reportbug or could also be
used as the base to make a complete re-design of the current bug
reporting tool... that's what I said.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón