Re: Is there any issue with reportbug in unstabl or bugs.debian.org?

On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 11:04:07AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 22:01:11 +0200, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>
> > Is there any issue known with reportbug in unstable/bugs.debian.org?
> > Somehow I don't receive an response with a bug number when submitting a
> > bugreport....
>
> If you receive no bug number it could be because the report was not
> properly sent. Did you get any error at any stage of the process? Did you
> confirm the existance of the report by manually browsing BTS?
>
> I'd like to see a web based interface for reporting bugs in Debian, while
> I find reporting by e-mail a very nice (must have) option, bugzilla-alike
> based interfaces are also very easy to deal with (for the reporter) and
> plenty of nice features.

While a web-based interface may be nice, I think that where debian's bug
reporting excels is in the 'reportbug' program. It's not just a program
that sends emails to a single address, but it provides a good guide
through the bug-reporting process, namely encouraging you to check that
the bug is not already raised, checking that the version of the package
you're reporting against isn't out of date and also collecting useful
information for the developers (changed configuration, usually).

Some of that, a web based solution just can't do (as easily).

--
Darac Marjal