Re: Is there any issue with reportbug in unstabl or bugs.debian.org?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:58:27 +0100, Brian wrote:

> On Tue 11 Oct 2011 at 16:37:17 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> And I see there is a bug report for having an http alternative:
>>
>> support for submitting bug reports via http
>
> A quote from that link (which Stefano Zacchiroli went on to support):
>
>    On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:50:36PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>    > On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 15:06 -0400, Holger Levsen wrote:
>    > > So, to summarize: a.) I still think reportbug should be able to
>    > > submit bugs using port 80
>
> Note: you cannot escape using reportbug.

I prefer something like bugzilla, yes, but having an http gateway to
reportbug is an option I would use more that the application itself,
unless it presents the same errors or instabilities. And adding this
"addon" to make reportbug allows posting via http or standard protocols
will make that possibility even more easy to implement in a future.

>> Oh man, that will be great! :-Da
>
> Quite likely. But it doesn't bolster your case and has absolutely
> nothing to do with bugzilla shenanagins.

Since when having options is something bad? An http gateway would be a
great step forward (you could report bugs from any machine in the event
the one you have to report against cannot even be booted) and the above
report demonstrates the needing of alternatives to the usual reportbug
system.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón