Re: Install kde-desktop on existing debian install

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 17:31:03 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

>> I see you have omitted "contrib" and "non-free", is that intended?
>
> No, I'm using what the install put there.  Should there be something
> more?

"It should" only if you need them.

>> Errr, did you read the said instructions, right? ;-)
>
> Do you mean the instructions at:
> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4.html

(...)

Yes, I mean reading the *full* instructions, not only the *first* lines.

>> Okay, hope all goes well now :-)
>
> Not at all, after install for the 3rd time now kdm login after reboot is
> a gui login which drops into an X session where no work is possible.

So now you have the KDE login window. Good.

> Already described in previous posts.

Then you can proceed with point 2/ of the advice I described in your
second created thread.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón