Re: OT: Desktop icons - Some blubbering :.(

On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 22:21:18 +1100
Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Scott,

> Squeeze systems here - which may account for some differences.

Probably.  IIRC, there are a few subtle differences.

> Same here - as in, if I enable view hidden files, it only displays
> hidden files in that particular directory (see further down about
> applying view changes to all directories), but, regardless (as you've
> pointed out) changing view from, eg. details to icon, removes show
> hidden files (unless saved to profile *and* view changes settings
> applied to all directories). If any of that made sense....

Errr, I think so.   :-)

> Sorry - I was going from memory - should be:-
> Konqueror toolbar => Settings => Configure Konqueror... => (in the
> left-hand pane under File Management) General => (in the right-hand
> pane) select "Use Common View properties for all folders".

Ah, yes.  I had already seen that, but wasn't 100% certain that's what
you meant.

> The whole development is less integrated than KDE3. There are other
> factors that are not productive to go into here.

Very sensible.   :-)

--
 Regards  _
Well you tried it just the once and found it alright for kicks