Re: Desktop icons

On 07/10/11 19:16, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the procedure of placing my files and folders of my ~/Desktop
> directory or individual files onto my desktop?

Without disabling plasma?

Method 1. Gives plasma widget access to Desktop folder.

Right-click on the peanut => unlock widgets => add widget => select
"folder view" widget => drag on to desktop area.
Close the widget selection area.
Right-click on the Folder View spanner - change select "shows Desktop
folder" then click on OK.
Right-click on desktop area and choose "lock widgets"

Method 2. Gives "traditional" Desktop

Right-click on Desktop area and select Desktop Activity setting from the
drop-down menu.
In the left-hand pane select Desktop Activity
In the right-hand pane choose Folder view (Type)
New option will appear in the left hand panel - adjust to taste.
Click on Apply.

Cheers