Re: Billion 7800N

On 29 August 2011 22:56, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo@kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
On Dom, 28 Ago 2011, Heddle Weaver wrote:
O.K.I removed ppp, as it wasn't required, which, of course, removed pppoe
and pppoeconf, because they depend on it and now I have:

Bandit:/home/weaver# route -n

Kernel IP routing table

Bandit:/home/weaver#

.....No ppp!

Isn't it great?

And then, of course, we have:

Bandit:/home/weaver# ifconfig -a

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:15:60:c2:63:46

[and so on]

You seem to be missing dhcp. Your /etc/network/interfaces should have these lines

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Well, it does.
But that's all it has.
Work in progress and will advise of outcomes.
Regards and thanks,

Weaver.
by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.