Re: Fwd: Billion 7800N

On 20 August 2011 06:07, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:02:17 +1000, Heddle Weaver wrote:

> I don't know what's happening any more. I think I'm being haunted.

Greemlins are anywhere and they like computers so much, keep your eyes
opened! X-)

> I've just reset the modem to see if I could access the modem url to set
> it up properly.

Hum... I hope the router restores fine from a reset with all the wan
settings already predefined for your ISP. Resetting the router is not a
task you have to do every day, just avoid to do that unless is strictly
necessary :-)

> I've got four green leds up, Power; Lan; Wireless (The laptop doesn't
> have a wireless card) DSL.
> The 5th light is for 'net, and it's orange, which means no connection,
> but I'm sending this on my gmail account through that same laptop.
>
> I'm going to need more than a pair of low-slung six-guns to get me out
> of this!

Usually, the orange light of the Internet port means the router is trying
to get an IP for the ISP, after a reset this can be normal.

Yes, but after it achieves that, the led turns green and flashes, along with the LAN led to indicate net activity with this modem.

And don't worry for Gmail, this is another "beast" and does its own
"caching magic" in the background...

Yes, and there's going to be a lot more activity of that type coming up too.
I just hope I'm good enough at the time to evade it all.
Corporate money buying our privacy and we don't even get the money.
Regards,

Weaver.
by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.