Re: Unable to create either bootable USB flashdrive or CD/DVDrom

I run Squeeze on the computer where I prepare the usb flashdrive, and
Lenny on the computer where I want to install mythbuntu (the T61).

I don't think asking fellow Debian users about compiling software on
Debian is offtopic.

I have checked Arnt advice by setting the boot flag on the partition
"but got the same result as before".

I've checked where I remembered your name from, it's from the thread
"How to get Bell Canada 3G USB network up?". I've much appreciated
your participation and help there. (Actually I'm still owing a
followup there, and I know it, but I've been very busy.) So I'm not
sure how I got this criticism today. Possibly I've started to be too
sensitive for this "we don't want to hear Ubuntu" business; I got this
a couple times in IRC, and as I said, I increasingly think some people
are being too quick pushing people away. I think it hurts Debian and
the Debian community. That's just my two cents. In the interest of not
feeling hurt myself anymore I'll just wear a flame suit from now on,
so, fire away if you like.

Christian.