Re: Unable to create either bootable USB flashdrive or CD/DVDrom

Many of your answers are rather aggressive, I won't reply to those.

> It (the .iso) is a single file. Recursive does not apply.

This is how I read it, too, but unetbootin does it different, it
copies the *contents* of the iso (like mounting the iso then cp -r).

When I say that the Ubuntu question is relevant for me as Debian user,
it's because Debian's tool to create bootable USB sticks from iso
files (unetbootin) doesn't work as it should. I'm entitled to ask
fellow Debian users about questions I'm having about using Debian, and
I'm getting sick of this anti-Ubuntu-support stance.

Christian.