Re: Wheezy: how to disable SSH gnome-keyring by editing desktop configuration file

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:06:48 +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> On 02/08/11 00:10, Paul E Condon wrote:

(...)

>> This does not actually remove gnome-keyring, but it does allow lower
>> level system software to handle SSH keys, for instance.
>
> Yes, but is it a per user set up, not a system wide set up.

Mmm, maybe not...

There is only one file located under "/etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-
ssh.desktop" and no more, I mean, there is no such a ".desktop" file
under user's profile.

Also, according to official docs¹, disabling from start-up applications
is one of the ways to go... and curious is that it says nothing about
this is a "per user" setting.

>>   Disabling
>> things that are only available in GNOME should be the first step in
>> transitioning to a less heavy GUI. Your control over GNOME features
>> can't be anything but less reliable in the foreign environment.
>
> What is it meant by `foreign environment' ?

I think it refers to "non-GNOME" desktops/window managers :-)

¹http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Ssh

Greetings,

--
Camaleón