Re: Wheezy: how to disable SSH gnome-keyring by editing desktop configuration file

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 12:30:10 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> Jerome BENOIT wrote:
>> > Finally I applied a brute force solution: I purged gnome-keyring.
>>
>> Wow, how drastic!
>
> I disagree.  If the package isn't useful then removing it is very likely
> the easiest solution.  Why frustrate yourself trying to work around the
> problem when removing the problem is a good solution too.

(...)

IMO, removing should be the last resort, the last thing to do.

Maybe if the package is completely broken or if by-passes do not work as
expected, then it's okay to get rid off it (even in such cases I prefer
to first open a bug report at tell that something supposed to work it
fails). I like to understand how stuff works.

Anyway, "gnome-keyring" is part of the GNOME security stack and password
management and I find it very convenient for this task, but that's of
course up to each user.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón