Re: IDT High Definition Audio Codec soundcard

On 2011-07-29 17:11, Camaleón wrote:

On 2011-07-25 18:10, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:01:16 +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:

Camaleón skrev 2011-07-24 16:16:

(...)

Anyway, what's your motherboard? Maybe you can start to look some tip
from there...

I don't know the brand but I do know it's an H67 Express

Cross your fingers and as root, run:

dmidecode | grep -i -e product -e manufacturer

Greetings,

This is the result if it gives any useful information

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
          Product Name: HPE-530sc

(...)

Mmm... is this your "little monster"? :-)

Why yes it is :D

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02688298&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5062758#N363

After searching a bit for that codec (IDT 92HD89E CODEC), you can try by
editing "/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf" and add at the bottom
"options snd-hda-intel model=ref", then restart and see if that works for
you :-?

I tried that and it didn't work. Not sure what to try next, Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Greetings,