Re: IDT High Definition Audio Codec soundcard

On 2011-07-22 17:35, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 20:50:50 +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:

张启德(Zhang Qide) skrev 2011-07-21 16:17:
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 02:55:46PM +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:
Hi!
I have the latest version of debian stable and I have an onboard IDT
High Definition Audio Codec but I can't get it to work, does anyone
know if there's support for it? If not is there any on the way or do I
need to buy a new one?

did you try "sudo alsactl init" ?
see http://wiki.debian.org/ALSA

Thanks for the tip, I just tried it and it didn't make any difference,
still no sound coming out.

IDT is a very generic Sigma chipset. You will have to dig a bit into your
system to find out more information about the codec it uses. For
instance, give us the output of:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
aplay -L
lspci -nn | grep -i audio

Greetings,

Thanks for the help, I've attached the output of those commands

result of cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec

Codec: IDT ID 76c7

result of aplay -L

null
default:CARD=PCH
    HDA Intel PCH, HDA Generic
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDA Generic
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDA Generic
surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDA Generic
surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDA Generic
surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDA Generic
surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
    HDA Intel PCH, HDA Generic

result of lspci -nn | grep -i audio

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Cougar Point High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1c20] (rev 05)
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: nVidia Corporation Device [10de:0bea] (rev a1)