Re: IDT High Definition Audio Codec soundcard

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 23:10:58 +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:

> On 2011-07-22 17:35, Camaleón wrote:

>> IDT is a very generic Sigma chipset. You will have to dig a bit into
>> your system to find out more information about the codec it uses. For
>> instance, give us the output of:
>> cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec aplay -L
>> lspci -nn | grep -i audio
> Thanks for the help, I've attached the output of those commands
> result of cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
> Codec: IDT ID 76c7

Mmm, that looks like a new sound codec or at least I've never seen that

Have you tried with the usual things (alsamixer/gnome applet volume
control) to configure the Intel card? Ensure you are using the Intel card
because you also have a secondary one, coming from nvidia HDMI ("cat /
proc/asound/cards" will tell what's the default).

I could only found an Ubuntu bug for a similar card/chipset:

[IDT ID 76e7] Dell Latitude E5520 - No sound through internal speakers,
sound is only from headphones output with Ubuntu 10.04.2 and 10.10 -
update Lucid ALSA LBM to latest release (1.0.24)

The bug points to the latest ALSA version but I'm not sure if that will
solve your audio problem. To avoid messing up things, I would first try
to load a LiveCD with the latest ALSA version (1.0.24) and see if that
works. If yes, then consider upgrading ALSA for your Squeeze install.