Re: IDT High Definition Audio Codec soundcard

On 2011-07-23 13:55, Camaleón wrote:

On 2011-07-22 17:35, Camaleón wrote:

IDT is a very generic Sigma chipset. You will have to dig a bit into
your system to find out more information about the codec it uses. For
instance, give us the output of:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec aplay -L
lspci -nn | grep -i audio

Thanks for the help, I've attached the output of those commands

result of cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec

Codec: IDT ID 76c7

(...)

Mmm, that looks like a new sound codec or at least I've never seen that
before.

Have you tried with the usual things (alsamixer/gnome applet volume
control) to configure the Intel card? Ensure you are using the Intel card
because you also have a secondary one, coming from nvidia HDMI ("cat /
proc/asound/cards" will tell what's the default).

Yes I have. The output from that is
0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0xfb300000 irq 22

so I guess the intel one is the default. I've also tried running a live cd of the latest ubuntu version, that didn't work either.

I could only found an Ubuntu bug for a similar card/chipset:

***
[IDT ID 76e7] Dell Latitude E5520 - No sound through internal speakers,
sound is only from headphones output with Ubuntu 10.04.2 and 10.10 -
update Lucid ALSA LBM to latest release (1.0.24)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/792233
***

The bug points to the latest ALSA version but I'm not sure if that will
solve your audio problem. To avoid messing up things, I would first try
to load a LiveCD with the latest ALSA version (1.0.24) and see if that
works. If yes, then consider upgrading ALSA for your Squeeze install.

Greetings,