Re: IDT High Definition Audio Codec soundcard

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 20:50:50 +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:

> 张启德(Zhang Qide) skrev 2011-07-21 16:17:
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 02:55:46PM +0200, Andreas Berglund wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> I have the latest version of debian stable and I have an onboard IDT
>>> High Definition Audio Codec but I can't get it to work, does anyone
>>> know if there's support for it? If not is there any on the way or do I
>>> need to buy a new one?

>> did you try "sudo alsactl init" ?
>> see http://wiki.debian.org/ALSA

> Thanks for the tip, I just tried it and it didn't make any difference,
> still no sound coming out.

IDT is a very generic Sigma chipset. You will have to dig a bit into your
system to find out more information about the codec it uses. For
instance, give us the output of:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
aplay -L
lspci -nn | grep -i audio

Greetings,

--