Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Tue 28 Jun 2011 at 13:42:51 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> How that can be?
>
> GRUB legacy package is still available in Debian repos, is just the
> installer that does not present the option to get it by default. And
> being the expert installer, having both options would be more than
> reasonable, IMO.

Reasonable? So you say to the user (who might be new to Debian) - here's
a bit of decaying software. It boots your machine. Or might not. Either
way, we aren't going to put much effort into supporting it because
nobody is really interested in maintaining it.

And that is on a critical piece of infrastructure - the installer!