Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Tuesday 28 June 2011 19:52:03 Brian wrote:
> Reasonable? So you say to the user (who might be new to Debian) - here's
> a bit of decaying software. It boots your machine. Or might not. Either
> way, we aren't going to put much effort into supporting it because
> nobody is really interested in maintaining it.

As I understand it, the argument is that Grub legacy should be available as
part of the "expert" install process.  A newbie would be better advised to
stick to standard until sure of her/his ground.

Most people will simply go for the defaults.

Lisi