Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:03:30 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Lu, 27 iun 11, 11:01:30, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> Sorry if I sound a bit apocalyptic, but removing something just for the
>> sake of removing is not a good way to encourage your users to make the
>> change.
>
> I have to disagree with you. grub1 is not being removed "just for the
> sake of removing", but because there is not enough manpower to maintain
> it (upstream and/or in Debian). Of course, you are welcome to step-up
> and take over the maintenance ;)

How that can be?

GRUB legacy package is still available in Debian repos, is just the
installer that does not present the option to get it by default. And
being the expert installer, having both options would be more than
reasonable, IMO.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón