Re: Hibernate fails

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:47:29AM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> Thank you. I wasn't sure if the /e/n/i was required, so (as noted in the
> post) that was the next (1x1) step. I've read that NetworkManager, which
> Carl uses, ignores /e/n/i.

/etc/network/interfaces is:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
#NetworkManager#iface eth0 inet dhcp

> I don't have access to a machine with wireless this weekend - so I'm
> working from references. I also don't yet know whether Carl has been
> using WPA, roaming or otherwise.

I use WPA. Works great.

I added your wpa_supplicant.conf. Still can't hibernate. I don't have WiFi
here to try to connect to. (I'm at work, where I have to connect this
netbook using T-Mobile via bluetooth tethering.)

While testing this, I discovered not one but two new bugs.

One, if I use this box's "increase brightness" key-combo (FN-rightarrow) in
a virtual terminal, it works but also draws control sequences in the VT. And
two, if I run "/etc/init.d/gdm3 stop" from a VT, then press Alt-F7, I can't
ever enter any more text, ever. The visual for VT1 continues to display, but
nothing I do on the keyboard except Ctrl-Alt-Del has any effect.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!