Re: x-terminal-emulator does not appear to accept comand line args

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 07:47:09PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> I would file a minor bug to add something like this in the manpage:

I think a separate manpage — which describes the command-line options that
gnome-terminal.wrapper accepts — would be more appropriate, for the following
reasons:

 • the gnome-terminal manpage comes from upstream (albeit translated from
   another form).  Therefore adding documentation that describes the wrapper
   to this manpage is a divergence from upstream which has no chance of
   being merged back.  Every time the underlying manpage differs, the patch
   will need to be rebased.  Since the underlying manpage is generated,
   rather than being hand-written, any change in the toolchain could result
   in such a change.

 • For those who never invoke the wrapper, it will cause the gnome-terminal
   manpage to be more cluttered and possibly more confusing.

 • Similarly, for those who do run the wrapper, the gnome-terminal manpage
   includes many options which the wrapper does not accept. A cursory skim
   or search through the manpage will show options which it does not accept.

--
Jon Dowland