Re: x-terminal-emulator does not appear to accept comand line args

On 06/09/11 at 05:31pm, Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:46:54 +0100, Dom wrote:
> > I think that as the wrapper is translating x-terminal options to
> > gnome-terminal equivalents, it shouldn't pass through "-h" or "--help",
> > but should display a basic usage page for the options that *it* accepts.
> >
> > Therefore I consider this to be a bug (albeit minor in nature). I just
> > use the native gnome-terminal options anyway.
>
> I don't know why but something tells me that there must be a good reason
> for the wrapper behaving in that way, differently than the full binary.

Of course. gnome-terminal.wrapper is created solely for x-terminal-emulator use
by gnome-core/gnome-terminal maintainer Christian Marillat, and it tries to
present a set of options more like xterm, since x-terminal-emulator has decided
on xterm-style options. Emulating a single set of options where conflicts occur
is a policy decision, IIRC.

--
Liam