Re: Is there any valid reason to add an idiotic script to /etc/init.d by an default Debian install that only cause a PITA?

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 00:34 +0800, Jimmy Wu wrote:
> > I assume that is so people who want something else will be able to
> > change it without needing to recompile the kernel.

Correct, but they have to know about a scrip ;). I don't think they do
know, excepted of the experts ;).

Since my kernel randomly is set to ondemand and I need performance as
default, I could use the script, instead of compiling the kernel again,
assumed nothing else randomly has a bad setting. So for me the script
might be an advantage, nevertheless it's less good for many
inexperienced audio users.

Ok, I guess this is enough correspondence regarding to this thread ;).
Off cause, I'll read any replies, but i've got nothing additional to
write regarding to this topic myself.

Thanks for the discussion to everybody.

Regards,

Ralf