Re: Frustration made me do it.

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 00:35:37 +0000
Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> wrote:

> I use Iceweasel with ADP and NoScript and that's it. Sometimes i get
> in trouble with flash-sites and sometimes my cpu will spike 'cos of
> some tab, but i think it's the most all-round browser i have. I'll use
> 30 tabs max, and don't like to keep flash tabs open, so i can't say i
> use it extensively.

My policy, for stability and privacy, is to run two instances of FF.
My main one has no scripting allowed (NoScript with basically no
exceptions - perhaps I should just entirely turn off Javascript in FF),
no Flash, no cookies, etc.  I tend to keep dozens of tabs open here.
My secondary has some scripting (managed with NoScript), Flash (managed
with FlashBlock) and cookies on a case by case basis.  I generally keep
very few windows open at a time, and quite frequently clear all private
data.

Celejar