Re: Movemail not getting emails

On 11/09/2010 12:50 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
>> you didn't look at or know about either TZO or dyndns? just curious
> I didn't know about TZO and didn't look at DynDNS.  I did know about
> DynDNS.  But both of those wouldn't have been on my radar screen since
> they both seemed targeted to hosts with dynamic IP addresses.  Since I
> was only interested in standard DNS (static IPs) I wouldn't have
> looked at those.

I didn't think so either, til I found this:

http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/custom.html

      How is Custom DNS different than Dynamic DNS?

Unlike Dynamic DNS, which offers a single host record and MX record
using one of our pre-existing domain names, Custom DNS works with your
own registered domain, supports a wide variety of record types
<http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/record_types_supported_in_custom_dns_expert_interface.html>,
allows you to create up to 75 records, and a number of other benefits.
Both services feature dynamic IP updates using update clients.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800