Re: KDE Question

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 07:18:12 -0500
> Arthur Machlas <arthur.machlas@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The difference between xfce and gnome, for me is negligible, and
>> losing a decent screensaver, gdm and powermanager not worth it. Once
>
> Never really used Gnome or its screensaver - what does it do that
> Xscreensaver doesn't?  And what does powermanager do that Xfce's
> power manager doesn't?

Gnome's screensaver can switch users, leave messages, unlock with
fingerprint scanner, and as a bonus, doesn't look like its running on
an Atari system from 1983. C'mon, update the icon already.

Gnome's powermanager work for me. XFCE's doesn't. No idea why, or what
magic they are employing. More substantively, not sure that XFCe can
spin down hard drives.

Is this a threadjack, or is this now a desktop war thread?