Re: [SOLVED] switching to console and zapping

> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 13:15:58 -0400 (EDT), lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

> Well, I changed the keyboard setting in xorg.conf:
>

> Section "InputDevice"
>    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
>    Driver         "kbd"
>    Option         "XKBOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
>    Option         "XkbModel" "pc102"
>    Option         "XkbLayout"   "de"
> EndSection
>

> I was lucky that the keyboard settings in KDE use setxkbmap with some
> options when you enable keyboard layouts. That helped me to find out
> that there's no 'Option "XkbVariant" "de"'. Once I got a good setting
> playing around with that, I used 'xmodmap -pke' to create a keymap
> which I edited to change the layout the way I wanted it. It's being
> loaded from my ~/.xinitrc now.

For multilingual settings I'm using US Layout, and I have additional option in

Section "InputDevice"
     Identifier     "Keyboard0"
     Driver         "kbd"
     Option         "XkbModel" "pc104"
     Option         "XkbLayout"   "us"
     Option        "XkbOptions" "compose:lwin"
  EndSection

It works just fine, considering that I've laptop without 104 keys. And
I can write
in every Latin based alphabet. And I have to write in polish. Here is table for
of compose keys: http://www.hermit.org/Linux/ComposeKeys.html
On wiki you can (?) read about it. Though if you have to write only in German
"de" layout should suffice.

May The Source be with you.
--
darkestkhan