Re: switching to console and zapping

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:46:22AM -0400, Alan Greenberger wrote:
> On 2010-06-25, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
> >
> > what could be the reason why I can't switch from X11 to consoles with
> > Alt+Fx anymore? It's also not possible to kill the X session with
> > Ctrl+Alt+Backspace, though this feature is not turned off in the
> > xorg.conf. I'm using fvwm-crystal as a window manager.
>
> On one machine with on motherboard radeon, I could not get CtrlAltFx to
> work on Lenny.  Plugging a card with radeon into PCIe would work!  What
> eventually "fixed" this was to add two lines to /etc/lilo.conf:
>
> image=/vmlinuz
>         label=Lenny
>         initrd=/initrd.img
>         root=/dev/sda5
>
>         append="video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr"
>         vga=803
> and then run lilo -v .

Thanks! I got it to work after configuring the keyboard. Though the
keyboard worked fine, it wasn't set up correctly, but since it is, I
can switch again.

I was thinking that there must be something configured to prevent the
switching, but apparently there isn't anything to prevent it in the X
configuration. It was only a misconfigured keyboard.