Re: After installation, my P2 is still unable to launch Debian

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:09:41 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Console gives you the ability to gather data from logs and it also says
>> (or points that) the problem could be on the GUI environment or X
>> server.
>>
> I know. But what do you think that I could try to -maybe- guess what (or
> where) the problem is? It looks like clearly related to the X server,
> but a cat of /var/log/messages gives nothing interesting. :-(

I think "/var/log/messages" does not contain useful information for this
purpose. In Debian, you have to look into "/var/log/syslog" and for
errors related to DE, "~/.xsession-errors".

But I've already seen that the problem was you had not DE at all :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón